appetizer · chicken · main course · recipe · recipes
Honey-Garlic Chicken Wings Board with Lemon Yogurt Dip
Recipe created by Alison Marras
The secret to crispy baked chicken wings is using a wire rack on your baking or “cookie” sheet for 360-degree airflow in your oven! Even better if you can use a convection setting on your oven. Add your sauce after cooking and uplevel your serving game with a beautiful platter of crudites and dipping sauce! This is a major crowd-pleasing appetizer or meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes | Serves 4+
What You'll NeedChicken
- 1.5-2lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil (or olive oil spray)
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp garlic flakes (or may use all garlic powder)
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped and divided
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt (for dairy-free) or greek yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425f degrees (use the convection setting if you have it for slightly speedier cooking), arrange a rack in the middle of the oven, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and a wire rack on top.
- Rub the wire rack (or spray) with ½ the olive oil and add the chicken wings flat-side (or skin-side) down. Season with the rest of the olive oil and sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 45-50 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through. As the skin cooks and crisps, it will release drippings which may cause some smoke in the house, so have your windows open and fan turned on (it’s worth it, trust me). Trim off any burned wing ends if you have them.
Meanwhile, mix all ingredients including ½ of the chopped scallions for the honey-garlic sauce in a large mixing bowl and toss cooked chicken in the sauce until well coated right out of the oven and let sit. Next, mix up the yogurt dip in a serving bowl.
- Serve chicken wings with the yogurt dip, and garnish with more chopped scallions. Optionally serve on a crudite board with your favorite chopped raw vegetables.