Seal in those dark meat drumstick juices and infuse them with some pork goodness - just wrap them in bacon. Enjoy a crunchy bacony bite on the outside followed and a juicy, tender chicken texture on the inside. Great for a quick weeknight meal, a weekend BBQ, or tailgating.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 12 min
Total time: 22 min
Ingredients for Grilled Drumsticks Wrapped in Bacon
12 Grass Roots pasture-raised chicken drumsticks
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
12 slices bacon
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cooking Directions for Grilled Drumsticks
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Sprinkle seasoning mix over the drumsticks.
3. Wrap each drumstick with a slice of bacon.
4. Grill for about 6 minutes. Turn the chicken over and grill for another 6 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from grill when internal temperature is 165°F. Serve immediately.
Other bacon related recipes: