You'll love this quick and easy preparation of pork tenderloin. There's no marinating time required, and the spice rub - while complex in flavor - needs spices probably already in your pantry. Pair it with any roasted vegetable or starch for a weeknight dinner that's sure to impress.
Makes 4-6 servings
- Pork tenderloin, 1-2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease with olive oil a large baking dish.
2. Pierce the tenderloins all over with a fork
3. Rub remaining oil onto all sides of the meat.
4. Whisk together the dried Italian seasoning (such as Simply Organic), garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, and black pepper.
5. Sprinkle spice mixture over all sides the tenderloin(s), patting it and press them onto the surface of the meat on all sides.
6. Place the tenderloins in the prepared baking dish, and drizzle the fresh lemon juice over the top.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the outside is browned and crispy and centers are cooked through to desire doneness (USDA guidelines recommend an internal temperature of 145°).
8. Spoon pan juices from the dish over the meat. Allow to rest on a cutting board or in the baking dish for 5-10 minutes. Slice into 1-inch pieces and serve.