Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
These Instant Pot chicken drumsticks are moist and flavorful, and take less than 20 minutes to make. It's a quick and easy way to make several days of healthy meals.
For this recipe, we add liquid to the Instant Pot along with the seasoning to keep the meat moist. It also creates a delicious sauce which is a little sweet and salty. Add red pepper flakes or fresh chilies if you want to add a little spice.
A simple salad or roasted vegetables are great accompaniments.
2 packages of chicken drumsticks
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/4 cup of chicken bone broth (try this recipe)
2 tablespoons raw honey
1/2 cup coconut aminos
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
juice of 1 lime
chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode. When hot, add avocado oil. Season the chicken with salt. Add the chicken to the pot, working in batches so you don’t overcrowd and cook for about 2 minutes, or until skin is lightly browned. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
2. Change the Instant Pot setting to manual high pressure. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together with the chicken. Put the lid on the top, lock, and seal it.
3. Set the timer for 12 minutes and cook. When time is up, let the pot naturally release for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, open the pot. Use two forks to shred the chicken. Remove the chicken bones and discard.
5. Add the chicken and sauce to individual serving containers for meal prep or enjoy with the family. Top with green onions and cilantro if desired.
Created in partnership with Bulletproof by our partner Cocoa & Salt