This fried chicken recipe is perfect for a last minute weeknight meal that everyone will enjoy. From tenders, to drumsticks, this recipe is perfect for any poultry cut you prefer. Not only does it yield the perfect crispy and juicy chicken you crave, but it’s very easy to make.
This recipe was created using an air fryer but don’t fret if you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake them in the oven at 425 degrees for 16 minutes, turning halfway.
This recipe pairs well with fresh salads and seasonal veggies.
What You’ll Need
- 1 pack of Grass Roots chicken tenders
- 1 pack of Grass Roots flats and drumettes
- 1 pack of Grass Roots chicken drumsticks
- 2 large eggs; beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko
- Avocado oil spray for air frying or olive oil spray for oven method
- You can substitute the breadcrumbs and panko for your favorite gluten-free breadcrumbs to make this recipe gluten free
Prep two shallow bowls, one for the beaten eggs and one to combine the breadcrumbs and panko.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Dip chicken in the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess and place on a large dish or cutting board.
Spray both sides of the chicken generously with oil.
Preheat air fryer to 400F.
Lay your chicken pieces in the air fryer on a single layer and cook in small batches.
Cook the chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until the chicken is cooked through and crispy on the outside.