03 Aug Chicken Kabobs with Cilantro Pesto
It doesn’t happen often, but every once in a while we have leftover chicken. Usually we don’t quite have enough for a main course but we certainly don’t want to waste those tasty leftovers. Chicken kabobs are a great way to reinvent leftover pieces of chicken while enjoying the benefit of not heating up the kitchen.
You certainly don’t have to have leftover chicken on-hand to make these kabobs. Just throw a couple thigh or breast pieces on the grill and season with salt and pepper. Let them cool enough to handle then cut into cubes. Kabobs travel well, making them perfect for camping or picnics. These chicken kabobs taste great alone, but for a little extra zing, pair this main course with a drizzle of cilantro pesto.
Prep time: 15 minutes + cook time for chicken
- Cooked chicken
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Cut all ingredients into cubes and stack on a skewer.
- Use a cherry tomato on each end to keep the rest of the ingredients from sliding.
- 1 cup of cilantro, leaves and stems
- ½ cup of your favorite nut: cashews, almonds, pecans or walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined.