Shared by Geena Tripodi from our Customer Service Team.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 package of GRFC pork neck bones
1 package of beef shanks
2 small yellow onion
4 garlic cloves/2 tbsp minced
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 can diced tomatoes
fresh basil & parsley, roughly chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil on a pot or dutch oven
2. Brown the meat and sear it on both sides for 3 minutes. Take the meat out of the pot and set aside. Don’t dry the pan.
3. In the same pot or dutch oven, add onions and cook about five minutes or until translucent. Add garlic cloves until aromatic.
4. Add 1 can of crushed tomatoes (I prefer San Marzano), and fill it with water to add back to the pot and repeat with a can of tomato paste.
5. Add a generous amount of salt and pepper. Stir and be sure to scrape up any of the browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
6. Put the meat back in the pot and cook on low for at least 3 hours, but more if possible. I aim for around 6 hours.
7. Serve over hot pasta with grated Romano cheese and garnish with fresh basil and parsley. Enjoy!