By Grass Roots partner Alison Marras
Serves 4 | prep time: 10 mins | cook time: 15 mins
What You'll Need
2 lbs Coulotte Steak
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 summer squash, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped (skip for AIP)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Coarse sea salt to taste
¼ cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
3 tsp capers
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp dried oregano
3 tsp red pepper flakes (skip for AIP)
4 garlic cloves minced
Sea salt to taste
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Make chimichurri sauce by combining all ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until smooth, and set aside.
2. Clean steak by trimming off any remaining “silver skin”, leave the fat cap intact. Slice steak into 1-inch thick steaks with the grain. Discard the ends (they’re often too chewy), and keep the thick pieces (4-6 pieces) and season them with sea salt.
3. Toss chopped vegetables with olive oil to coat and season with sea salt to taste.
4. To a hot grill or an oiled cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add the vegetables and steaks. Cook the steaks for approx. 9-12 mins., flipping halfway, for medium-doneness or to your liking. Cook the vegetables for the same amount of time or a little longer until golden brown on the exterior and soft on the interior.
5. Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thin, serving alongside vegetables, and drizzling with chimichurri.